A Show / A Public Conversation / A Participatory Civic Planning Adventure

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

3 days

yup

first, after a good post rehearsal talk tonight, tuesday
i've been thinking alot about making certain that the final questions, the ones on the clipboard that the audience respond to, and that the performers speak back the responses...
that these questions have the space for as much or more positive imagining as they do negatives/challenges
so
a slight change to these 4...

What’s a question you want people who plan our cities to think about?

What's something you heard someone say in the last hour that sticks with you?

Twenty years from now, what do you want to be able to say about the place where you live?

As cities get more crowded, what can we build that help strangers become neighbors?

and then,
and cast/creative team
help me with these
these are the statements for the big polling section-
what do you think of these?

I live in a
House I own
An apartment I rent
A condominium I own
Other

I take public transportation
Daily
One-three times a week
Occasionally
Never

I talk to strangers -
With regularity, with nervousness, with great curiosity, not so much.

The last time I shared something deeply personal in conversation was- today, within the last week, within the last month, I can’t remember

The last time I argued with someone was- today, within the last week, within the last month, I can’t remember

I want the place where I live in ten years to be- more sustainable, more comfortable for me, more equitable for others, more beautiful

I am comfortable talking about my personal values
Yes
No
Unsure

and, use the comments section here to help me find a couple more
that help us move from the content of the double room, to the conversations in game three...

suggest a few new statements/questions for the polling, would you?
thanks

4 comments:

mrohd said...

To me, the most important thing in a neighborhood is
food
schools
jobs
a great booktore

maureen said...

I have had a conversation with a neighbor in the last
day
week
month
i can't remember

maureen said...

the i vote in local elections
always
sometimes
never

Nikki Zaleski said...

In my neighborhood, I spend the most time
in a coffee shop
in a local school
in a community center
other

When people challenge my values, I react
with openness
with disdain
with curiosity
with annoyance

I am most comfortable talking about changes that need to occur
in my neighborhood
in my city
in my state
in my country